Our weekend events guide is up and ready! Check out the guide below to see what’s happening in and around GC:
1. Book Sale at the GC Public Library. Saturday, 3/22 from 9:30am-4:00pm. Fiction and non-fiction books available. Hard cover 25 cents, soft cover 10 cents. Can’t find bargains like that anywhere these days! Proceeds benefit the GCPL.
2. Live music at Leo’s. “His Boy Elroy” will be playing on Saturday, 3/22 at 9:30pm. 7th St., Garden City.
3. Mussel Mania at Waterzooi. Sunday, 3/23. 3 course lunch or dinner for $21.95. Franklin Ave, Garden City.
4. WNET Thirteen and WLIW 21 present Family Day at Nassau Coliseum. Sunday, 3/23 starting at 11:30am. Come and meet Curious George and the Man with the Yellow Hat, Sid the Science Kid, Wordgirl, Buddy from Dinosaur Train and Daniel Tiger. Islanders vs. BlueJackets play at 1pm. Hempstead.
5. MommaCon is holding their biggest event of the year. Here’s a sample of what you’ll see and do: Tiger Schulmann martial arts demo class, CrossFit class for kids, petting zoo, obstacle course, crafting fun, fastest lacrosse shot contest, Music for Aardvarks, Bricks 4 Kids, Music Together, acting and improv classes for kids, parenting tips, Bach to Rock, etc… Over 125 exhibitors will be in one place to to show you everything kid and parent related in our area. Plus prizes and giveaways. $5 admission. http://www.mommacon.com Sunday, 3/23 from 10am-4pm. LIU Post, Brookville.
6. LI Children’s Museum presents Messy Afternoons. Saturday and Sunday from 3:30-5pm, Age: 18 months to 4 years. 11 Davis Ave, Garden City.
7. See a funky organ and drum duo from Oklahoma City called Sugar Free Allstars at the LI Children’s Museum. 11:30am and 2:00pm. 11 Davis Ave. Garden City.
And for Monday…
8. Feng Shui expert and owner of Feng Shui Manhattan, Laura Cerrano, begins her Feng Shui instructional course, Feng Shui for the Body, Mind and Spirit. This series starts on Monday, 3/24 in RVC. $50. Here’s the link to register and for more information: http://fengshuimanhattan.com/feng-shui-long-island-class/
Visit us at http://www.InsideGardenCity.com and Facebook at Inside Garden City.