It’s the weekend! See what’s happening around GC. The Inside GC Weekend Events Guide 4/26 edition is here:
1. Don’t miss the GC Race for a Cure at GC High School, Sat. 4/26. Timed race at 9am, untimed fun run/walk 9:15. Proceeds to Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. There will also be a Family Kite fly. If you’ve procrastinating, don’t worry- you can register on race day!
3. West Hempstead Street Fair, Nassau Blvd adjacent to Halls Pond Park. Antiques, arts, crafts, food and more! www.showtiques.com631-724-5966
4. Sat., 4/26- The Waldorf School 225 Cambridge Ave, Garden City is hosting their summer camp open house from 11am-1pm for all ages. Get all of your summer camp questions answered and meet the staff members. 516-742-3434
5. The GC Bird Sanctuary/Tanners Pond Environmental Center is holding it’s annual Benefit Yard Sale on Sat, 4/26 from 9am-3pm. Come and shop for a cause- antiques, furniture, household goods, sports equipment and more. 516-326-1720
6. Salon Imperiale on Franklin Ave will continue to offer $25 blowouts if you mention Inside Garden City. 516-747-1027
7. Family Center for Autism’s 2nd annual Bowling for Autism at Herrill Lanes in New Hyde Park at 7pm on Sat, 4/26. Ages: all. 516-741-9000 ext. 336. $35 or adults. $25 for children. Includes two games, food and shoes. Bowl with your friends or you family for a good cause!
8. LI Children’s Museum is holding “April Showers” on Sat, 4/26 from 2pm-4pm. Decorate a mini “umbrella”. Free with museum admission. All ages. 11 Davis Ave, Garden City.
Visit http://www.InsideGardenCity.com and like our Facebook page.